Why work at IP Australia?
We're looking for people who get excited about creativity, innovation and ideas that are at the forefront of technology.
- an inclusive workplace
- flexible working arrangements
- opportunities to grow and expand your skills, experience and education
- strong career paths.
Commitment to our people
Our people are our greatest investment, so our wellbeing initiatives focus on supporting both physical and mental health. This includes:
- prioritising appropriate workplace behaviour, with a zero-tolerance approach to harassment, discrimination and workplace bullying
- a strategic approach to psychological safety and support, through our Mental Health Framework
- a focus on physical and psychological wellbeing, through our holistic and evidence-based support program, Thriving@IP.
Benefits that work for you
We offer benefit options that provide choice, flexibility, and help you maintain a balanced lifestyle. They include:
- 15.4 per cent superannuation employer contribution
- salary packaging options
- flexible working hours
- a range of family-friendly policies
- opportunities for professional development.
Our Enterprise Agreement 2017 outlines our employment conditions including our flexible working and family-friendly workplace models, and remuneration. A Section 24(1) Determination was implemented in March 2023, which carries forward the current employment conditions and an updated remuneration structure. You can view both documents below.
Diversity and inclusion
We want a diverse workforce and a workplace where all employees feel they're valued, safe and can be their true selves with opportunities to reach their full potential.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, Reconciliation Action Plan, and Access and Inclusion Plan outline how we support our diverse workforce, how we're striving to be more inclusive and increase the diversity of the workforce to be more representative of the broader population.
We're actively working to increase the diversity of our workforce including the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees and people with disability who work in our agency.
Our Reconciliation Action Plan and Diversity and Inclusion Strategy include initiatives to build more targeted and inclusive recruitment practices.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those who identify as LGBTQA+, mature aged employees and carers.
We can provide assistance to support you in applying for a position with us. If you want to learn more, contact us.
Code of conduct
Everyone who works with us is expected to uphold the Australian Public Service (APS) values and code of conduct. Key behaviours include:
- behaving honestly and with integrity
- acting with care and diligence
- treating everyone with respect and courtesy.